Friday, August 5, 2005

I Surrender All

 

I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessèd Savior,
I surrender all.


Mat 4:18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers.

Mat 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Mat 4:20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.

Mat 4:21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.

Mat 4:22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.

How quickly do I follow Jesus in my daily life? Do I put down everything to do so? Or am I saying that things are different now – that it's not so easy to put aside everything for Jesus?

This is the truth: it was just as hard then for Peter, Andrew, James and John to leave their families and livelihood to follow the Master.

What is it about Jesus that makes one want to follow? For me, it's His unconditional love for me and a desire to serve Him in anyway I can. Have I dropped it all? I wish I could say yes. When I was in Mexico, it was easier for me. It seemed His direction was placed right in front of me. Here in California, there is so much distraction. The computer is a distraction. And of course, television and radio. We don't listen to worldly music in our house, but the television tends to invade sometimes.

Am I a hypocrite when I sing the hymn above? No! I want to please the Lord in every way. I pray to be able to do so. Then I begin to second guess myself. I feel that I am failing the Lord instead of following.


Lord, show me your way today. Give me strength to be your disciple. Let me respond as You would. Let my life glorify you. I want to praise you in everything I do. Thank you for loving me and giving your life for me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to love yourself, and while asking for forgiveness is part of that process, you can't hate yourself for failing - instead, you must get up! You must keep going!
Peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage